If you’re like me and have decided that 2020 is going to be the year that you move more and get fitter then you’ve possibly got the idea in your head that to do this you need to invest in a personal trainer, join a ridiculously expensive gym or spend every morning in a January, February and March running in the bitterly cold and damp weather in nothing more then a crop top and shorts.
But if this promise to yourself seems overwhelmingly daunting (particularly if you’re a stranger to a bit of Lycra) then why not achieve your target by walking throughout the Winter months?
Aside from a pair of comfortable, practical shoes (put away those stilettos ladies) and a cozy coat, it’s a relatively cheap, yet effective option for those who are just starting out of their fitness journey.
The many benefits of walking include:
- Less impact on joints in comparison to running.
- You can build up your fitness comfortably.
- It can be easily built into your day to day life.
- You can make it as hard or as easy as you want (uphill, downhill, fast or leisurely).
- It is a great opportunity to have a catch up and a gossip with friends.
- It can be done almost any time and anywhere.
On the beach
In the countryside
In the woods
In the mountains
In the city
There really is no better way to blow away the cobwebs and clear your mind…..whatever the time or place.